Re: UTL_FILE_DIR failed on network drive ...

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:57:24 +0200

First: I would NEVER NEVER use * for utl_file_dir. That means the entire machine is wide open. Anybody with access to the database can write any file on any disk on the machine with the priviliges of the Oracle user, which has local administrator priviliges on W2K.

Second: Are you really sure you want to write to a network drive? There are risks involved, like not being available.

Keep in mind that the process really writing (or reading) the file on disk is the Oracle server process that runs with the priviliges of the Oracle user so the Oracle user must have the appropriate priviliges to the drive.

hubertus <funfack_at_windhager.de> schreef in berichtnieuws a03492ba.0204260536.339b53c_at_posting.google.com...