Re: file placement and SAN

From: Michael Brown <mlbrown_at_apps-dba.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:44:11 -0400

I have found NAS to be significantly slower, if you don't mind, how about posting the results of a couple of queries:

SELECT * from v$SYSTEM_EVENT WHERE EVENT LIKE '%read%' OR EVENT LIKE '%write%';

SELECT
MIN(AVGIOTIM),MIN(MAXIORTM),MIN(MAXIOWTM),MAX(AVGIOTIM),MAX(MAXIORTM),MAX(MAXIOWTM) FROM V$FILESTAT; Of course this assumes that TIMED_STATISTICS=TRUE. If you are not running with timed_statistics, these queries won't show anything of interest.