Re: objects contained in a datafile

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:06:05 GMT

Renato, everyone---

I DID miss the question. I don't know why I constantly make things more complex than they ought to be; I ASSumed Renato meant a datafile not part of a database and went off on a tangent to Jupiter somewhere, and he didn't say anywhere "Hey I have just this datafile sitting here and want to know what objects are in it.", did he?? Nooooooo.

Sigh.

As has been mentioned by previous responders, taking a look at the information in

DBA_EXTENTS and JOIN ing to DBA_DATA_FILES on the file number will get you what you need; if you want to get fancy, you can WHERE on the FILE_NAME and make it a &1 type variable in SQL*PLUS, and type in the name of the datafile you want a catalog of the objects for.

Sorry for being such a dork.

RSH.