Re: Oracle Services not starting Database

From: bgt0990 <btighe_at_neometrics.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:26:43 -0400

We ran across this recently when we set up an employee with a copy of the DB. They had set this persons laptop up to automatically start up without asking for a user ID and Password in win2K. The Oracle services came up fine but the DB did not start, though the DB would start via sqlplus etc. My theory, is that Oracle could not authenticate. My solution was to give the services (DB and Listener) the user/password, that worked fine. Hope that helps
Barry