Re: Oracle Services not starting Database

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 10:23:23 -0700

<paddyo33_at_charter.net> wrote in message news:<uc6mbq9nqsa54f_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> I have a problem with Oracle 8.1.7 database on Windows 2000 server. When my
> Services start they start the instance but do not mount or open the
> database. All my regedit keys are set up for autostart and it works fine on
> my NT server. Have deleted and recreated the services with Oradim several
> times with no change.Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks.

Open the %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\sqlnet.ora. Is there a line that says:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) IF this is uncommented, comment it out using a # or change it to:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE) Try starting the database service now. This should start up the instance, mount and open the database. As a side effect, you will need a password to "connect internal" after this change, but you shouldnt be using SVRMGR and connect internal anyway.

This is a documented bug.

Murali Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 12:23:23 CDT