Re: separate data/inidex

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:01:44 +0100

If the only reason you are building an index is for scanning it why not an IOT?

With the respect to the rest of it ... fascinating.

So who at Oracle is charged with correcting all of the information that goes out under its name. Not just at Oracle Press, but at technet, tahiti, etc.

Once again thanks for the clarification.

But is there a general rule that developers can follow. Each development project can not turn into an exploration of what "common knowledge" is wrong. Or trying out a multitude of tablespace, extent combinations to find the one that is optimal. Some rules must be applied or no rules are applied.

Thanks,

Daniel Morgan