Need help with ConText "relocation error" problem (Solaris)

From: David Dalton <dd_at_crippledcollie.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2002 12:12:12 -0700

I'm trying to get interMedia Text 8.1.5 working under Solaris 8 (Intel). I'm following the instructions at http://otn.oracle.com/products/text/x/Tech_Overviews/imt_815.html.

I get this error:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SQL> exec ctx_output.start_log('log')
BEGIN ctx_output.start_log('log'); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-20000: ConText error:
ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library
ORA-06522: ld.so.1: extprocPLSExtProc: fatal: relocation error: file
/users/oracle/ctx/lib/libctxx8.so: symbol ociepgoe: referenced symbol not found
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_OUTPUT", line 39
ORA-06512: at line 1

I know that there's been discussion about similar problems in this newsgroup, but I've been unable to find the solution from newsgroup searches. I've applied all the recommended Solaris patches (I'm at 5.8 Generic_108529-14 i86pc i386 i86pc). I've done a 'relink all'. I have not reinstalled Oracle. I'm quite sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly.

Could a problem like this be caused by misconfigured IPC in listener.ora or tnsnames.ora?

Or is this purely a problem with shared libraries?

Is there any way I can fix this surgically? If not, is reinstalling Oracle likely to help?

Thanks in advance...

David Dalton
San Francisco Received on Sun Apr 21 2002 - 14:12:12 CDT