dbmsstdx.sql causes ORA-04045 errors

From: Ivan Vasquez <igvasquez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:27:34 -0400

Hi,

I'm new to Oracle database administration. Reading Oracle 9i's documentation for CREATE FUNCTION, there is a line that states:

"Before a stored function can be created, the user SYS must run a SQL script that is commonly called DBMSSTDX.SQL."

My database was working fine, but once I executed this script, I started getting errors everywhere similar to these:

ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of LBACSYS.LBAC$LOGON
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 2
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 2

The message appears not only for LBACSYS.LBAC$LOGON but for basically everything that (possibly) requires compilation (such as compiling a user-stored procedure).

Is it possible to "undo" this script without re-creating the database?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan. Received on Sat Apr 20 2002 - 22:27:34 CDT