Re: LRM-00109 and ORA-01078 while starting up database remot

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:39:47 -0400

Philip Chee wrote:

> In article <eu46buo09q1rdj3lv4cbl3o2cf911vm4kq_at_4ax.com> postbus_at_sybrandb.demon-verwijderdit.nl writes:
>
> >The pfile is on the server. If you don't have a network drive to the
> >server's drive, you'll never succeed as your sql*plus session runs
> >locally.
> >There is no other option than to copy the pfile.
> >I would strongly urge you to use OEM, as OEM has mechanism to manage
> >this situation and sql*plus simply doesn't have those.
>
> What's so difficult about telnetting to the server and opening a
> SQL*Plus session there?
>
> Philip
>
> ---=====================================================================---
> Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA
> e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60.5.291.1011 Fax:+60.5.291.9932
> Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
> oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
> --
> þ 20362.29 þ If you're not strong, you have to be smart...

I know this is a few days old, but...

Looking at his path he is using NT not Unix and may not have access via Remote Terminal Services or PCAnywhere. He should use a real OS for the backend database engine. There are just way too many security/connectivity issues in NT for this DBA.

--
Regards,

Michael Austin            Registered Linux User #261163
First DBA Source, Inc.    http://www.firstdbasource.com
Sr. Consultant