Re: Oracle Cold Backup

From: Guy D. Kuhn <guy.d.kuhn_at_saic.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:30:00 -0400

The short answer is, NO. I guess Oracle assumes if the database is shutdown you should be able to copy all the files without thier help. The backup will be consistent as long as you do a shutdown normal. ( We usually do an abort, startup, shutdown because of application sessions.)

Just make sure you have ALL your archive log files from so you can roll forward.