Re: Trust between Orcale in Unix with NT domain

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 01:16:59 -0700

Not in the way that you suggest. However, you might be able to use Kerberos authentication (available in 9i) to do what you want. However, since no database or O/S versions were specified, I can't tell you for sure.

Look on technet.oracle.com for documentation about Oracle Advanced Security. That should tell if it is possible.

                                         Rick

In article <69e9c64b.0204180803.3b7904bd_at_posting.google.com>, sandiyan_at_yahoo.co.uk says...

>How do we do this..?
>Currently we have got SQL servers running with NT only authentication
>mode.
>Our application that sits on SQL server talks to Oracle server(under
>Unix). The conection propoerties(e.g. login/password) are stored in
>registy.
>
>In order to avoid storing password in registry, is there a way so that
>only login is stored in registry -i.e. passwords gets authenticated
>via some sort of trust ?
>
>Thanks,
>Sandiyan

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.