Not a typical ORA-03113 error

From: JB <jbyy4u_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2002 15:30:35 -0700

We have approx. 60 clients (60 sites) connected via WAN to our network. At each site we have one Windows 2000 Pro running a GUI front-end (Using SQL*net) and all 60 clients are working fine when doing searches. But, at these 60 locations there have been additional workstations connected running either Windows 98, NT or 2000. At only 1 of these locations (that had 2 additional 98 PC's connected and running the app.) both connected PC's suddenly stopped working and they get the ORA-03113 error. (They get logged in fine, the error only occurs when they do a search and they don't lose connectivity to the db - i.e. they get a nice friendly msg saying no results found and they can continue using the GUI).

We had them eliminate any problems with their network by having them take one of the troubled workstations and hooking it directly to our router/hub (remember the 2k Pro at this site is working fine). This did not help. Verified with another site running with Windows 98 and the app. works fine for them.

User swears there have been no changes on their PC's. We had the user re-install the SQL*net and GUI app. but no luck.

Looked through trace files and could find no reference to this error.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA. JB Received on Wed Apr 17 2002 - 17:30:35 CDT