svrmgr hangs - Need help.

From: Eric <va3eam_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:59:19 -0400

Not sure if this is the right group to post to for this, so apologies up front before I start.

I am working on a small project here and when I try to compile procedures svrmgrl hangs. I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on a Solaris Sparc platfrom running Solaris 8. I tried to install Reports about 2 weeks ago and I fumbled the install. Since then this hanging problem started.

In order for me to get out of these hangs most times I can just control-C out of them, in some instances I have to actually do a kill -9 on the pid for svrmgr. In order for me to do any more compiling I have to run svrmgr again and do a shutdown abort and then a startup to get it back on its feet again. Usually I can only do about 2 to 4 compiles and svrmgr hangs.

TIA for the help. Received on Sat Apr 13 2002 - 15:59:19 CDT