Re: 4Gb memory

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:06:04 GMT

Viacheslav Leichinsky doodled thusly:

>it is interesting that Oracle promise to break 3GB limit in 9i release
>2.
>This is citation from
>http://technet.oracle.com/tech/windows/9ir2_windb.pdf
>"Oracle9i Release 2 allows the RDBMS on Windows to break through the
>3GB address space limit normally imposed by Windows 2000 and Windows
>.NET Server. Specifically, a single database instance can now access
>up to 64GB..."

Oh, that's fine. Note that says W2K or .NET server. That is NOT the same as NT, the subject I was talking about.

AFAIK, there is no directly supported way (as in supported by M$ or Oracle, I seem to recall some kludge by Intel?) to go past 4Gb (3Gb program addressable space) in NT.
Which implicitly means I'm talking NT4 Server or 4ES.

John, you're running a very large NT system. Is it possible there?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 08:06:04 CDT