Re: 4Gb memory

From: John MacAskill <jmacaski_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:29:03 GMT

To answer your question Nuno although there are some 'dodgy' back door memory hacks that can be done memory allocation is always an issue on NT. If you need more than 3 GB (personally I would say more than 2 GB on wintel) then you need to look at 2000 datacenter.

9i does have some funky new memory management thingy that allows for more flexibility on 2000 advanced server and above but personally I think that unless your OS is geared for the upper realms of memory management (which requires datacenter) then you are asking for trouble.

That's my 10 cents worth anyway.

It is also important to note that the 3GB hack for NT requires the Enterprise Edition.

Slainthe,

John