Re: Coruppted system01.dbf

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:14:46 +0100

You can recreate and recover a database file if and only if you have all the redo logs since the creation of that file.This is documented on Howard Rogers site www.hjrdba.com

Unfortunately, for the system tablespace in many cases this is unlikely as the database is not in archive log mode at the moment of database creation, and typically a lot of redo is generated even before putting the database in archive log mode.If you have no backup and don't have all the redo then the answer I'm afraid is no.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA