Re: can't create a first database! cant attach to shared memory

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2002 05:43:13 -0700

It is also possible that the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle executable does not have the correct permissions. Make sure that they are 4755 and it is owned by the oracle user.

                                                      Rick

In article <3CB207A1.27601A2_at_exesolutions.com>, Daniel says...

>Did you read the installation instructions on the CD? Set the correct
>values for semaphores and shared memory?
>
>Daniel Morgan
>

>Matthias Leonhardt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got the Oracle 8.1.7i installed on a Suse linux 7.2 - System.
>> I also installed the patch for glib 2.1.
>> the dbassist created a script to install a first database
>> but it fails with executing the line
>>
>> SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile =
>> "/opt/oracle/admin/oracledb/pfile/initoracledb.ora"
>> ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment
>> Linux Error: 13: Permission denied
>>
>> all files of $ORACLE_HOME are owned by oracle:oinstall and the script
>> and smvrgrl is executed as oracle:oinstall
>>
>> please help me to get this work.
>>
>> thanks,
>> bye, Matthias Leonhardt

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.