Connecting SQL Server 7 database to Oracle Database Server

From: Jack <jack.wilson_at_orst.edu>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 12:13:10 -0800

Hi there,

I am running a SQL Server (version 7) wherein I am trying to utilize the link server manager from the enterprise manager to connect to a Oracle database server located in another domain. It has not work. I have read where I need to install SQL*NET for this to work. I do have Oracle 8.1.6 installed on my SQL Server. Apparently NET8 has replaced SQL*NET? I am trying to comprehend on how to configure this so I can link the SQL server to the Oracle database server utilizing the link server tool in SQL enterprise management. I am new to this and haven't a clue on how to accomplish this linking? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks......

Jack Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 14:13:10 CST