Setting up 9i server

From: Mark Grover <mark.grover_at_seaquistperfect.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:18:06 -0600

I just bought a spiffy new fast computer with the intention of using it for an Oracle 9i server. Here's my problem; I have several internally created programs that I can easily port to 9i, but I have a purchased canned program that runs on Oracle 7 only. Can I run both Oracle 7 server and Oracle 9i server on the same box? Does it make sense to do that? Or can I copy the Oracle 7 instance to the 9i box and run it without upgrading it to 9i? What is the best solution to this problem? (Besides the obvious solution of buying an upgrade to my program so that it runs on 9i) Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 08:18:06 CST