Re: Setting up 9i server

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:08:13 GMT

You can run 7 and 9i on one box ... but I wouldn't. There is almost nothing written for Oracle 7 that should not run on 9i unless is uses the data dictionary directly. Oracle does an excellent job of maintaining backward compatibility. I would test it out before assuming you need two install a non-supported version of the software.

Daniel Morgan