Re: Moving my objects to a new tablespace

From: J.P. <jp_boileau_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2002 06:07:38 -0800

Here's how:

  1. export the data from the user's schema with the EXP application
  2. Drop the user with the "cascade" option (all tables will be dropped from the user's schema
  3. Create the new user with a default tablespace set to the NEW tablespace
  4. Create the structure from your DDL, if you have it. Otherwise... Well, ask someone else! ;) I think that exp can give you the DDL, you'd have to massage it to change the tablespace names
  5. reimport the data with the IMP application

JP