getting ORA-24345 : A Truncation or null fetch error occurred

From: Ved Singh <ved.singh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:21:32 +0530

Hi,

While running a particular procedure in a package in Oracle warehouse builder deployment,
I am getting an error ORA-24345 : A Truncation or null fetch error occurred.

Oracle version used is 8.1.7.0.0 on NT. The procedure which is raising this error has 'WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL' in the exception clause and none of the procedures called from this procedure handle "- when others exception" to print this message. Why is this exception not getting caught by "when others then " exception handler ?

Help about this message says "buffer is not sufficient", but what buffer it needs is not specified. Please let me know some hints that can help me to get rid of this problem. This error comes intermittently. Any help on this is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ved Received on Wed Apr 03 2002 - 07:51:32 CST