Re: Possible? Manually set EXPTIME in USER$ to set EXPIRY_DATE in DBA_USERS

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:14:35 GMT

Kai-Joachim Kamrath doodled thusly:

>The net effect is that if you want to make a move from having no password
>expiration, to having one, you (a) necessarily have to use a PROFILE with a
>password lifetime; and (b) it's highly likely that the large majority of
>your users will *immediately* be expired when you implement the PROFILE.

Oooooh! I see what you mean. Nasty!!!!

>So... I think the next thing I'll try is to set the PTIME in USER$. One way
>or another I'm trying to fool it into smoothing this transition.

Hehehe. Another instance where the "super design programmers" from Oracle got stuck in low gear, eh? ;-)
Nothing like a real live system to stretch notions of "perfect design"... DAMHIKT!

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 04:14:35 CST