Connecting Oracle DB through firewall

From: Neba <nebojsa.petrovic_at_avanturo.de>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 08:36:02 -0800

Hello,

I have installed OracleDB 8.1.7 on Windows2000 SP2 This machine is in our LAN.
Oracle DB use listener for communication on port 1521.

Client is in DMZ of frewall. Firewall is Nokia IP330 with Check Point Fw-1 4 software.

If I try connect to Oracle DB from LAN everything working fine. But when I try connect to Oracle Db from DMZ I got some problems.

If I open all ports on firewall for connection between DMZ and LAN, I can connect to Oracle DB (tnsping is OK and I can connect with other aplication e.g. with SQL+) and everything working fine!

If I leave open only port 1521 on firewall, then I can reach OracleDb by tnsping, but when I try use SQL+ I got time out error.

I looked in tnslistener.log file, and I saw that client for any connection chose new port number (on client side)!So if I open port 1521 it is OK for server side but is wrong for client side!

How can I solve this problem?
Is it possibly 'fix' port number on client side?

Thanks!

Nebojsa Petrovic Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 10:36:02 CST