Measuring Transaction/Query Times

From: Bob <orainfouk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 01:54:42 -0800

Hi all

Is there anyway I can measure and audit the duration times of transactions and/or queries in Oracle 8i?

I know that I can view current transactions and when they started by looking in the v$transaction table, but I can't put a trigger on that to audit the transaction duration. I also know that I can view recent SQL statements in the v$sql_area as well as various other stats, but I can't find out where Oracle stores duration (if indeed it does).

Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps knows of some good Oracle monitoring/measuring products out there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 03:54:42 CST