Re: How to design the database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:47:59 +0100

On 24 Mar 2002 22:20:50 -0800, rsusanto_at_atlas-sp.com (Rudy Susanto) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just have a little problem about database design with oracle
>database.
>
>I have 3 databases on sqlserver such as gldt(general ledger),
>fadt(fixed assets), and leasedt (leasing). I want to create database
>on oracle but i don't know what i sould do because the oracle and the
>sqlserver is not the same.
>
>Maybe i just have 2 choices, create 3 databases just like on sqlserver
>or just create only one database. If i create just one database, maybe
>too difficult to me to maintain the database. When i create 3
>databases, i will have 3 instances that will degrade the performance.
>
>I don't know which is better, i need some suggestions.
>
>Thank in advance,
>Rudy Susanto

Create one database with three different schema's. As the schemas will be completely separated, there will be no projected maintenance problems.
Creating one instance per 'database'/schema is not the way Oracle is supposed to work.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Mar 25 2002 - 00:47:59 CST