How to design the database

From: Rudy Susanto <rsusanto_at_atlas-sp.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2002 22:20:50 -0800

Hi all,

I just have a little problem about database design with oracle database.

I have 3 databases on sqlserver such as gldt(general ledger), fadt(fixed assets), and leasedt (leasing). I want to create database on oracle but i don't know what i sould do because the oracle and the sqlserver is not the same.

Maybe i just have 2 choices, create 3 databases just like on sqlserver or just create only one database. If i create just one database, maybe too difficult to me to maintain the database. When i create 3 databases, i will have 3 instances that will degrade the performance.

I don't know which is better, i need some suggestions.

Thank in advance,
Rudy Susanto Received on Mon Mar 25 2002 - 00:20:50 CST