Re: RMAN

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:15:08 +0100

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:13:27 -0500, J.T. Brooks <brooks_jt1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Am trying to follow the rman document on metalink and got as far as
>logging in as "connect target / rcvcat rman/rman_at_rcat" in rman80. I
>have created all the tables/privilages but don't understand the above.
>Database created in is "flow". Nothing I've tried connects to register
>the database.
>
>Any help appreciated

You always have 2 connections open in RMAN (when you are running in catalog mode)
- a connection to the catalog database (in your command identified by rcvcat rman/rman_at_rcat)
- a connection to the database to be backed up (in your command target / , which means you are running on the server running the target database and you have set your $ORACLE_SID appropiately Obviously you first need to issue a register database; command before you can do anything.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Mar 23 2002 - 15:15:08 CST