Re: How to deallocate inital extents from locally managed tablespace

From: rjb <r_bauza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2002 11:40:30 -0800

Well, this is works but seems strange to me.........

alter table x deallocate unused;

Does nothing....still 128 extents. This command is supposed to deallocate everything above the high water mark.

alter table x deallocate unused keep 1k;

This works. It reduces the table down to 1 extent of 8k. This command deallocates down to the HWM and will release extents above the table's MINEXTENTS. I find this strange, because the table's MINEXTENTS is 1 after it is initially created........

Oh well. At least I don't have to write the script to pre-create every table before doing an import.