How to deallocate inital extents from locally managed tablespace

From: rjb <r_bauza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 23:21:27 -0800

How can you deallocate unused initial extents from a table created in a locally managed tablespace?

For example: I have a LMT "new_tbs" with uniform extent size of 8k.

Create table x(a number) storage (initial 1M) tablespace new_tbs;

That gives me a table with 128 extents with no data in it.

alter table x deallocate unused; does nothing....still 128 extents.

truncate table x; does nothing....still 128 extents.

Is there a way to get this thing down to 1 8k extent without dropping and re-creating with a different storage clause? (This is related to using import).

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 01:21:27 CST