Re: Oracle on EMC Question

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:24:26 GMT

Viacheslav Leichinsky wrote:

> Hi Sean,
> may be you want Steve Adams comments about SAME at
> http://www.ixora.com.au/newsletter/2000_10.htm#same
> http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0104/18192003.htm
> http://www.oracle.com/openworld/upload/W12825.doc

Interesting reading. I agree with some of his points (we separate our online redo logs from the SAME approach), but not all (adding disk isn't as hard as he makes it out to be, and the bit about SAME preventing parallel backup streams??). I try not to believe *everything* I read in white papers, regardless of their source. I do know that I haven't worried much about datafile layout in a while, and no complaints about disk perfomance.

Regards,
Sean Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 09:24:26 CST