Re: Free Memory in relation to SGA

From: twerty <2desp_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:13:12 +0800

My current dictionary cache hit ratio is at 81%, thinking of ways to actually get this figure up. The library cache is optimum; 99.9% From what I understand, 400+ MB free is from the total SGA, and not from the shared pool memory? So maybe I should actually free up the RAM back to the O/S or put the 400+MB to good use in either the data buffer or ? (Which comes back to the question of whether this 400+MB will be used when Oracle processes require the extra memory when running large programs/statements) Or is there something I am misunderstanding here?

What would be your recommendation, Howard? Total SGA (2.4GB out of total 6GB; with data buffer at 1.7GB and shared Pool at 700MB) ) is just abit over 1/3 of system's physical memory.