Re: Anyone seen this 600 Error?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:55:02 +1100

What you describe is not how the upgrade from 8 to 9 is done. There's much more to it that just setting the compatibility parameter. There's other parameters to check, and a number of scripts to run.

Check out
http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90191/mi gupgra.htm#901509

for full details (and watch out for any wrapping in that address). This is available from technet.oracle.com (as is all the documentation), and you have to be a member first. Membership, however, is free and instantly granted, and they don't spam.

If for some reason the link doesn't work for you, search for "Oracle9i migration", and click on the link for 'Migrating from Oracle7 Using the Migration Utility'. From there, navigate to Chapter 7, somewhat mysteriously entitled "i Release".

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com