Re: Oracle on EMC Question

From: news <ja_inc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:11:26 GMT

While this may be true. It is still better to follow the OFA standard. This prevents unneeded directory jigging in the future, usually at time of upgrade or Oracle based system maintenance. It is possible to create several filesystems(directories) on the array. For example, if this is being done

        /oracle/app/product/816                            oracle binaries
        /oracle/instance_name/*.dbf                        database files
        /oracle/app/product/816/oradata/*.log         redo logs and a
control file
        /oracle/exports                                            system
exports for oracle

If the structure above was used then that too more or less conforms to OFA. Keep in mind that files are still created by Oracle in /var/opt/oracle and /usr/local/bin
It might be that the DBA intended to create a structure as above. Good luck.

jamesa_at_jainfo.com
www.jainfo.com