Re: See an Oracle server from dual boot?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:28:01 +0100

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:32:42 -0000, "Leo" <leo_at_antapi.XXX.com> wrote:

>I've got an NT4/Win2000 dual boot machine.
>There's a shared logical drive.
>
>Can I install Oracle server in such a way that the database itself
>is on the shared drive, and can be seen from both NT4 and 2000?
>
>Cheers
>
>Leo

An Oracle install is an Oracle install is an Oracle install.

Your only chance would be when the 2 Windoze O/S share *absolutely NOTHING*, which at least means two completely different registries. And then , why you even want to do this? Is one version of Windoze not bad enough? Do you want to make your life difficult? Or do you just want to check whether Oracle survives such an install. Let them in Redwood Shores do that. They can afford it. You probably not.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 15:28:01 CST