Re: Shared pool Memory question.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:22:11 +0100

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:11:18 +0000, Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>A piece of code uses (and finishes) with (say) 2000 bytes of memory. It
>then returns 1900 bytes for reuse. Thus 100 bytes are not being used by
>it - but cannot be used by anything else. Do this a few million times
>and all of a sudden your RAM is toast!
>
>hth
>connor
>--
>Connor McDonald
>
>http://www.oracledba.co.uk
>
>"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue..."
Sure, all RAM bakers should pay their dividends to Billy boy, expressing thanks for all the memory leaks the Microserves have created in the Code (soon to be exposed to 9 states and the European Commission, so the secret might be unveiled)

Cheers

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 15:22:11 CST