Re: Need the output display in Horizontal format in SQL/PLUS Worksheet in Oracle.

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 11:53:16 -0800

basic sqlplus formatting. Its in one of the application developer guides on the oracle site. Here is what you do.

Basic Option

Set Linesize 2000

Or any number you choose. See if you can get it to work that way. If not do the following.

Column COLUMN_NAME Format asize

So for example if I want to set a column called CUSTOMERS to a certain size

Column CUSTOMERS format a20

It will be 20 pixels wide(I dont know what oracle uses to count this) If you are using a number column do not include the A in front of the number.