Re: Oracle 9.0.1 crashes every time a client connection is closed

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:05:14 +0100

On 10 Mar 2002 07:56:10 -0800, manfred.bauer4711_at_gmx.de (Manfred Bauer) wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>I have a severe problem with my Oracle 9.0.1 Installation
>on Windows 2000.
>
>Every time a client connection (e.g. SQL-Plus, TOAD, etc. )
>is closed by the client, Oracle crashes.
>
>On this laptop also Oracle Client 8i, Oracle Developer and Oracle ProC
>is installed in 3 different Oracle homes. The database worked
>until I installed the Oracle ProC programms.
>
>(One for Oracle Forms, one for ProC and one for the 9i database)
>
>Can this have any impact on the system?
>

>Best regards
>
>Manfred

Sounds like a disaster system to me. As you don't mention versions my suspicion is you are using a version of Pro*C that is probably not compatible with all other Oracle software you are using. Likely your install comes with the required support files, and you must be overwriting the required support files. I also fail to see why
a) you have a separate home for Pro*C
b) you are installing Pro*C three times

Something is severely wrong.

If I would have to resolve this, I would just scratch the system, and install everything all over again, reducing the number of homes to 2.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Mar 10 2002 - 16:05:14 CST