Re: ORa error 03113

From: Kasper van Beem <kbeem_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:01:09 +0100

Hello Sybrand,

Thx, for the reply, I see I must get some things straightend out.Here are some more details.

you're right about the hardware, the test server has only 1GB of memory while the production server has 1,5GB of memory. The test server has only one NIC while the production has two. It isn't a problem for the listener, I think, cause that one binds to localhost, and the handlers work alright. Further more the second NIC isn't used by the clients to connect to... Or do I make a erronous thought? Does it help to reduce settings like shared pool size to get rid of the problem or will I only make it worse if I do that? The real question is: Is it worth it to make the effort? Or must I "just" add more memonry and a NIC to resolv the problem?

Monday, I will go back to work, and try to get the extra hardware.

Grtz,

Kasper