Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux Redhat 7.2 or whatever kernel 2.4

From: Mohamad SALEH <msaleh_at_orsys.fr>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:06:01 +0100

I had installed Oracle 8.1.7 without any problem on Redhat 6.2. Recently, I wanted to do it on Linux Redhat 7.2 but no hope. I have passed two days searching how to install an Oracle 8.1.7 without any success. Simply the installer does say nothing at all. I have tried also on Mandrak 8.0 but in vain. Somebody can tell me what is the exact problem and if there is any patch somewhere?
Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 09:06:01 CST