Net8 configuration assistant hangs on redhat7.2

From: Tim Bezek <tjbezek_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:06:13 GMT

I've just installed 8i version 8.1.7 on Redhat7.2 I followed all the suggestions
found on the web/oracle's site to get to work. During the install the Net8 config hung, so I stopped it and continued on to complete the install.

I have an instance running, can connect and query fine. However when I attempt to start the Net8 config assistant with 'netasst &' nothing happens.
If I check the processes, a jre is running away. When I kill it, I get a line of code in the x window that executed 'netasst &' that is the next to last line of code in netasst file. What the heck is going on?

Thanks,

Tim Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 09:06:13 CST