Oracle 8.1.6.0 on RH6.2

From: Question <pasdemail_at_pasdemail.Fr>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 01:00:41 +0100

Hi

                            (i'm french be indulgent with my english please)

i just installed Ora8i1.6.0 on my RH6.2 box (runs well) and i'd like to autostart my server with the system.

so i tried to create a script in my init.d called by my runlevels rc.0 3 5 6 (like a lot i found on the net).
I declared into it 3 sections one for "oracle start" another to "oracle stop" and the last for "oracle restart".

Example

    start)

            dbstart
            lsnrctl start listener

(the script is ok, no error at starting)

            After call thoses two programmes i am not able to connect to my server with sqlplus with an other PC, in fact oracl doesn't run.   Then i ran :
    srvmgrl

    >connect internal

> startup
> quit

And now no problem.

So i'd like to avoid doing that and integrate this manips in my script.

thanks for your help.

@+Olivier
France

    Nogent/Marne (paris's suburbs) Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 18:00:41 CST