SQL*Loader

From: Ian Terence Botham <botham_ian_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2002 12:24:19 -0800

Can I call a select satement in the SQL*Loader control file.. Like for example...

LOAD DATA
APPEND INTO TABLE xx
(
from_conversion_date DATE(10) "MM-DD-YYYY", to_conversion_date "select to_char(SYSDATE,'MM-DD-YYYY') from dual", )

I am referring to the select statement in the second column..

I tried these but am getting unusual errors.. like missing expression, missing right parantheses when everything seems fine...

Which drives me to the very question whether select statemets like the above are welcome in SQL*Loader.....or how else would one enter sysdate or tomorrow's date through sql*loader...

Thanks
Ian............. Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:24:19 CST