Re: dbassist error on Oracle8i/Linux

From: Ralph Hülsenbusch <rh_at_ix.heise.de>
Date: 7 Mar 2002 05:19:02 -0800

We @iX have run into the same exeption error. using Oracle 8i on Debian Linux connected to a Netapp filer cluster.

The problem is to be seen in /bin/df used by dbassist in its java code. Long host:filenames leed to a two line output with df -k, so the script is unable to find numbers in the first line as expected.

Example: df -k /net/ora_base
filer1:/vol/oracle/test

                       5242880    301268   4941612   6% /net/ora_base

what should be used is the portable flag -P or --portable, which delivers output in one line.
We faked /bin/df using -P as default and it works.