Re: Cannot access a database - TNS 12547 lost contact

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 07 Mar 2002 08:15:47 -0500

Hi, Roberto:

This error means that the administrator has put the machine 141.29.240.142 on the list of machines which are not to be allowed to connect to Oracle. Ask your administrator to take the machine off the list. It's kept in protocol.ora.

As to what "nntvlser" is, it's the name of the function in the Net8 code that detected the error.

                                                Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.