Re: How do you delete a savepoint?

From: AngeloSR <asanramon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 10:53:00 -0800

Thanks for the reply guys. Here is what I am trying to do, at some point in the transaction I created a savepoint to fall back to when things go wrong. However, if things go well, I want to remove the savepoint I created without commiting or rolling back. I want to create another savepoint, with the same name as before, somewhere in the transaction if thing go well.

I am writing a code that would use three different database (DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle). In some of these databases, if I don't delete a savepoint before creating a new one with the same name, I will get a nested savepoints. I want to avoid that situation.

Thanks again,

Angelo