Re: lost of redo logs

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:28:31 GMT

In article <a60blh$v2k$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:
>Just as a more-precise follow-up. I realise what follows is not the most
>exciting spool file ever produced, but it illustrates that it takes about
>half an hour for the automatic status change to come about:

It must take a lot longer here. On one database, the last archive log file is timestamped at approximately 5am. The corresponding redolog is indeed inactive. On another database, the last timestamp is ~6:30am, but the redolog is still active. It's 8:20am now. Perhaps the magic number here is 2 hours? Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 07:28:31 CST