Re: lost of redo logs

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 04:42:01 +1100

Just as a more-precise follow-up. I realise what follows is not the most exciting spool file ever produced, but it illustrates that it takes about half an hour for the automatic status change to come about:

04:05:56 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

---------- --- ----------------
         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  ACTIVE

04:16:31 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

---------- --- ----------------
         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  ACTIVE

04:22:03 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

---------- --- ----------------
         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  ACTIVE

04:30:07 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

---------- --- ----------------
         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  ACTIVE

04:33:42 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

---------- --- ----------------
         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  ACTIVE

04:36:00 SQL> select group#, archived, status from v$log;

    GROUP# ARC STATUS

         1 NO  CURRENT
         2 NO  INACTIVE
         3 NO  INACTIVE