Re: Using Data Dictionary to tables with Referential Integrity in proper order

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:38:32 GMT

Dan's answer is great, but I've got a question: load how using what?

Assuming empty tables all around? Or with stuff in some or all of them?

If they're empty, and your data source is consistent (hah, have heard THAT one too many times!) but seriously, if so, you could disable the constraints, load em up, and re-enable the constraints. If however your source is not reliable, that would be a mess.

How much data are we talking about in Gab and rows, and how many tables?

But yeah, if it is a complicated thing, you'd probably be best off having a nice stored procedure to do the dependency tree analysis.

An E/R diagram out of Designer would help a lot, too!

RSH.