Re: Using Data Dictionary to tables with Referential Integrity in proper order

From: Brent Eamer <breamer_at_nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:20:02 GMT

All_Dependencies does not handle dependencies between tables and foreign keys. It is used mainly for dependencies between stored procedures and between views and tables.

What I really want is the ability for developers to copy a sub-set of production data. Say a developer wants all data related to an employee_id, he would enter it and then a stored procedure would populate (in proper order) all tables that depend on it, right down to reference tables. The problem gets interesting when you deal with associative entities.